Respect for the environment, the people and their heritage
Travelling to Colombia is an opportunity to experience amazing encounters, great people and beautiful places. At La Ruta Natural we encourage travelers to be respectful with the country’s environment, inhabitants and diverse cultural heritage that make part of the current and future wealth of the country.
Our tours are built upon a view of respect and appraisal for the promotion of a sustainable touristic activity. This includes visiting natural parks, Unesco world heritage places, encounters with each places inhabitants and ecological activities, in order to encourage visitors to get involved in the preservation and appraisal of the Colombian heritage.
Favoring the local economy
We restrict the involvement of intermediaries while encouraging active participation of local people in all the regions visited. This way, travelling through Colombia contributes to regional economic development and will help small businesses remain in their territories.
At the coffee region, we work with coffee growers committed with bio-sustainable and equitable processes.
Encouraging the exchange of experiences
We encourage respectful attitudes toward Colombian inhabitants and their lifestyles, highlighting the values of solidarity and understanding in order to create an enriching exchange and a sharing atmosphere. A positive attitude and disposition for giving before receiving are the key to living unique experiences.
Getting involved in a Colombian makeover
La Ruta Natural is committed to contribute to the make over of Colombia’s image around the world; by visiting this unique and fascinating country you can make part of this positive development.
Fighting sex tourism
Bearing in mind that tourism may encourage abuse and deviation, La Ruta Natural supports ECPAT’s (*) battle against sex tourism, especially when minors are involved, and is committed to reporting any abuse.
Why travel with us?
- We constantly evaluate each of the suppliers we work with, to ensure the highest standards of quality.
- All our tours are planned within a framework of security, respecting all safety regulations of the major embassies in the world and the Colombian Ministry of Tourism with regard to the mobility of foreign citizens in the country.
- We have complete flexibility to adapt our routes and services to the preferences, time and budget of each client, always under the same standards of quality and safety
- We work with quality hotels and inns, selected to meet the needs, preferences and budget of each client.
- We have specially trained English, Spanish and French speaking certified guides with deep knowledge of each area we visit, who are trained to provide the best service.
(*) ECPAT (End Child Prostitution, Child Pornography, and Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes)